"Everything rises or falls on leadership."
John Maxwell
______________

"The scope and scale of the ability to Lead is defined by the demonstration of the commitment to Serve."
J E Garr III


----------
'The leader of the past was a person who told,’ Peter Drucker once said. ‘The leader of the future will be a person who asks.’
Robert Kramer, director, exec ed programs, American University

-------------------

"Leadership is about change. It’s about taking people from where they are now to where they need to be. The best way to get people to venture into unknown terrain is to make it desirable by taking them there in their imaginations.”
Noel Tichy, "The Leadership Engine"

Friday, June 29, 2007

Well it’s the last Friday of FY ’07, which brings another fiscal year to a close. Looking back…it’s been a challenging year for many of us in IT. Many things have been done to help Conservation employees do their jobs: from repairing broken computers to improving applications, all these tasks help Conservation employees address resource issues. You are typically unsung heroes in this fight to improve and provide for Fish, Forest, and Wildlife Management.

Not much of what you do ever makes the big news for this Org. and yet I consider technology at the very heart and soul of what this org. accomplishes on a daily basis and will only be more critical moving forward. We are like that internal organ of the human body….few (if anyone) ever see it, and yet without it the body wouldn’t/couldn’t function. Your efforts are appreciated even if rarely spoken!

As we jump right into a new Fiscal Year, the challenges only continue to mount. I think that is a good thing! The opportunity to bring new solutions to Conservation is exciting. Being a part of a Team that understands the Conservation Mission and who work hard to provide solutions to business problems is rewarding. Thank you! …and I look forward to continued success in the coming year.
----------------------------
Because I was asked….here is my “meme” (List 8 Random Facts/Habits About Me) and I will not propagate it further…
1) I was born on Thanksgiving Day….after the main meal was complete.
2) I love to weight train, (provides an opp for competition with nobody as a loser).
3) I love NHRA type races, especially Funny Cars.
4) I moved to MO from Nebraska when I was 13.
5) I am James Edward the 3rd….and no there were no plans to have one named the 4th.
6) My favorite meal: Roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh corn, sweet rice and bread (Mom’s is the best)
7) Best car I ever owned: 69 Chevelle
8) I have no musical ability, but do have a keen ear for music (volume, pitch, harmony, etc)

TAFN

No comments: